Sunday 8 November 2015

Brixton Cycles

A little while ago I saw a tweet saying that Brixton Cycles were crowdfunding to raise money to fund a new home and stay in Brixton.

I felt compelled to make a donation to, in part say thanks for getting me out of a tight spot on a ride to work.

I had only just started riding to the office and my route took me up the A23 through Brixton and on in to the centre of London.  The tyres on my bike had seen better days, they were not that old just that they were cheap ones that came with the bike when I bought it.

One day as I was riding in I punctured, so I duly stopped changed the tube and carried on, shortly after I picked up another puncture, so I duly stopped again and changed the tube again. Then a few miles further another puncture, that was it I had used both my spare tubes and did not have a repair kit with me! I emailed my boss to tell him that I would be late as I had a long walk ahead of me, having realised that I had also left my wallet at home so had no way to pay for any other transport!

As I reached Brixton it was about the time that the shop was opening, so I thought I would try my luck! I went in and explained my predicament and that I really could do with a new tyre and a couple of new tubes. I asked if they would be able to help me out if I could get my wife to give them credit card details over the phone.

The guy in the shop said it was a very unusual situation but agreed to help out, so I managed to get my wife on the phone and a few minutes later she had bought me a new tyre and 2 tubes. I was back on the road and a lot less later to work than I would have been!

So thanks to Brixton cycles being located where they are and being a very friendly and helpful team of people I was back on the bike rather than a longer walk!

If anyone feels willing an able to help out they are still on Crowdfunder for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment